Old 29-11-2004, 06:19 AM
Lee

(Two x over) wrote in message ...
hi everyone...
any suggestions for making gardening even more fun for kids? i remember
reading about doing a pole bean teepee, but can't remember where....can anyone
help??

back in about 1975 or so we built one for the grandchildren and i
think i had a pic of it on my web site but can't remember if it is
still on line.
We just took long poles from where a builder was clearing an area and
placed them in the customary circular and tied the tops together and
laced some clothesline wire around to solidify it, then placed a
tarpolion over it in a fashion to make a door, and when it was time to
plant, planted the pole beans and let them climb up over it keeping an
area clear for the door. They loved it! worked like that three summers
with beans and two winters with tarps before they outgrew it. if you
want to see it let me know and I'll get it off my hard disk and send
it to you via e-mail
Leo/lee