Old 29-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/28/04 8:57 PM, in article , "madgardener"
wrote:

Could this be a new tradition for the Eve of Thanksgiving up in Fairy Holler?

After having normal madness up here (normal for madgardener and her Catron
Clan of assorted motley crew of a family g) the evening before and the
actual day....(we traveled for the first time in quite a long time to
celebrate the gathering instead of the family comin' over the river, thru the
woods, up the ridge.......ect ect ect,) I had before me a day after everything
had slowed down to do biddings to the fairies and the planted area.

I had more bulbs. No, let me explain.....I always knew of the insidious
"sticky pot" syndrome. But no one told me about the even more dreaded "sticky
bulb bag and package disease" with flare up's of "I gotta have more since
they're reduced 50%, even if I don't know WHERE to put them" rashes.

(snip!)

I too have been been struck with ³just one more bag of bulbs² syndrome - tiny
Tarda tulips, snow and giant crocus, daffodils of all types, hyacinths and
muscari. And the last planting of the year (I swear it was) was a box of
daffodils that arrived from a friend along with the first snow. The ground
will freeze here soon, just have to tuck one more pot in the holding bed!

Cheryl