Old 29-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Phil L wrote:
Mike wrote:
Can anyone suggest a cheap method to clean up my paving ,ive

heard
a week mix of Bleach and water bring back the the " as new look "
The paving is only 3 years old ,hopefully I can catch it early .
I dont mind scrubbing ,but domestic power washers are a waste of
time. Thanks Mike .

You don't need any specailist stuff and if you do it correctly, you
don't need to scrub neither!
Buy a tub of caustic soda and mix it according to the label,

[...sensible advice about the serious hazards of caustic soda
snipped..]

If you don't fancy bleach, maybe household ammonia or washing soda
would do. But I haven't tried it.

Why anybody would want an "as new look" in the garden is a separate
question. Unless the slabs were covered with green algae, I'd want
them to look as old as possible as soon as possible!

Mike.

I can report that washing soda is as effective as bleach and a lot safer
around plants :~) I now use it for most of the jobs I previously used bleach
for in the tunnels and greenhouses plus the slabed areas when they get
slippery.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk