Old 29-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Klara

In message , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
To me, a knife is a tool and a friend.

We gave our middle daughter a Swiss Army knife when she set off around
the world. It was stolen in India, in a women's refuge where she was
working; she was really upset, so when she got to Australia, we got
relatives to buy her a new one for Christmas. She got it home, but then
she was off to Brazil, and had to carry her backpack on board for some
reason - so, of course, no knives. She thought she'd be clever, and she
handed it in to Lost Property, hoping to retrieve it on her return - but
since 9/11 they immediately destroy all "weapons" handed in... We got
her yet another last Christmas....

--
Klara, Gatwick basin