Old 30-11-2004, 12:20 AM
Geodyne

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:18:22 +1100, Aprill
wrote:

I mean the adding supplementary flouride somewhere.. perhaps flouridated
mouthwash would be a better idea. It's too late for me, my teeth are
terrible but would like to make sure Junior's stay good and healthy.

Flouride is a highly controversial topic. There are those who advocate
the flouridation of water, and there are scientific studies that show
that while the topical application of flouride is beneficial,
consuming flouride may actually be harmful to the health.

My $0.02 (which is probably worth what you're paying for it) would be
to enjoy the clean water if you're lucky enough to have a rainwater
tank and if you'd like to ensure your child has access to flouride,
buy flouridated toothpaste (most of them are). It seems that may be
more effective than fluridated water anyway.

Geodyne