Old 30-11-2004, 03:13 AM
teresa teresa is offline
Registered User

Default Sky Pencils and Plumbagos

We bought many, many Sky Pencils, i think they're called, from Monrovia -- tall and narrow shrubs that look like they belong in a formal French or Italian garden. We lost a looot of $$$ because all but one died. Has anyone had luck with these in this zone? We live in Austin.

Monrovia's rep said they should work, and they weren't placed in full sun. They were also watered regularly with the sprinkler system. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, has anyone noticed that delicately-colored flowers like plumbagos look like their colors are not very vibrant when they grow in an area that gets a lot of sun? I wondered if the sun sort of "fades" colors in some flowers?

Thanks very much,
teresa