Old 25-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Henrik Gistvall

Of course but these tests are made in a lab. And the soil aspect if
probably a bigger difference. But the inert soil that we use doesn´t
hold on to nutrients. This would be even more of a reason to fertilize
more often. By diluting the fertilizer so that the tree got its "daily
dose", rather than two weeks worth of nutrient at one time, improved
the growth.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

Jim Lewis wrote:

On 24 Nov 2004 at 22:44, Henrik Gistvall wrote:

This goes against a test at the Agricultural University here in Sweden.
They got better results when feedeing a little more often. The
fertilizer was a regular houseplant fertilizer ( I can try to find the
exact specifiations) and they had best results when the plants where fed
with 1-2 ml fertilizer to 1 liter of water every day.

This has become almost a standard practice among Swedish bonsai growers
(besides me who is lazy and use Biogold).

There is, of course, a big difference between the climate and
growing season in Sweden and northern California. ;-)

We always need to take those kinds of differences into account.

Then, there's the probably difference in the soils you use and
the soils Brent uses.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++