Old 26-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Theo

Anil Kaushik wrote:

What is garden dirt I don't know, what I mentioned was good FERTILE SOIL
from the country side from which grow different crops.

yoi make me think when in ancient times crops were not pushed to grow as
we do today with chemicals
and they used to rotate crops as each plant give and take from soils
different elements
and after a period of cultivation the last was seedled with
**medical herb* that was useless for us , excellent to feed animals and
had the gift to regenerate the soil with a lot of micronutrients ..
some other times the soil was worked when these herbs were tender and
their decompostion was excellent for soil fournishing a lot of Azote
(N) or burned when dry and their ashes gave P an K
mature horse & cow manure were used as fertilizers months before
seedlings to let the elemnts reach deep into soil and noz build up salts
Plants were mixed so some plants were curing others,
tomatoes impeach aphids, garlich plants avoid peach peach tree
deseases , aand so on

and this has been so for 40 thousand years

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :