Old 22-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Jim Lewis

On 22 Nov 2004 at 22:20, CBF wrote:

I am new to the world of Bonsai. I recently purchased on which came from
Nurseryment's Exchange. It is said to be a Bloom-Rite Bonsai. It says it
is an outdoor Bonsai. Can anyone tell me what species of Bonsai this is and
what the best way to care for this is?

Absolutely no way for _me_ to tell from that description. Your
most sure means of identifying it would be to post a picture at
the gallery at www.internetbonsaiclub.org.

But:

Does it have leaves or needles?
If leaves, are they long and narrow? Round. Do they have smooth
or toothed edges? Dull or shiny?

If needles, are they long and flexible, or short and prickly?

Is the bark smooth or rough?

Answers to those questions may help us identify it.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++