Old 22-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Jim Lewis

On 22 Nov 2004 at 23:04, Theo wrote:

Jim Lewis wrote:

On 21 Nov 2004 at 17:25, Theo wrote:

Why would you give fertilizer at this time of year, except to indoor bonsai?

microelements are NOT fertilizers

Yes they are.

fertilizers are NPK
microelements are F S CU b MB ZN
the amazing thing is that we take the same, and in case of deficency
we get as sick ( our way ) as plants
but we do not get noureshed with oligo elements only nor with vitamins

I don't want to beat a dead horse, Theo, but you seem intent of
doing what you want to do anyway, but "fertilizer" is defined
simply as "a substance used to make soil more fertile."
Fertility is: "capable of sustaining abundant plant growth."

To grow, plants need NPK and ALL of the trace elements (and
there are a few more than those you list). Those are found in
good fertilizers. Poor fertilizers only have NPK.

However, define it as you will.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --