Old 29-11-2004, 11:16 AM
Italian

Henrik Gistvall wrote:

What brand of Akadama do you use? I use Double line brand and it last
for several seasons here in Sweden. I would be surprised if it didnīt
work in Italy.

Actually I live in Warsaw, Poland. But I think we have more or less the
same kind of temperature excursions during the year.

Cheaper akadama does what you say, dissolve in one
season. I read in Bonsai Today (I think) that you can buy akadama and
store it for a couple of years, that will make it even harder (donīt
know if its true).

I use akadama that I can get here in Poland. So probably, even if it's
japanese akadama, the quality is the main key to it.

I donīt use pure akadama, i mix it with granit grit
and pine bark.

I moved to keramzite, I don't know what the english name of it, anyway
it's what is used for isolation.
Of course I don't use it pure and it seems working quite well as a
akadama substitute. It shouldn't be too far from the baked akadama. I
was just wondering what about the grain shape and porosity.

Enrico