Old 29-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Jim Lewis

On 29 Nov 2004 at 5:55, Billy M. Rhodes wrote:

I have a plant, purchased from Miami Tropical a few years ago, but imported
from China. DS Tropicals on the West coast of Florida is selling the same
thing, some on EBAY
Is this what we are talking about?
It tends to send out a lot of new growth in warm weather. Small, round
leaves. Dries out very fast.
I keep my trimmed on a regular basis and have never seen a bloom.
It also gets black spot fungus.

It is NOT a tropical. Privet is one of the old, traditional
hedge plants (recently supplanted by many better ones,
thankfully) and was/is used in England as well as "up nawth."

I get no fungus on all of mine. Scale is a problem in late
summer and fall.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --