Old 30-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Kitsune Miko

You have opened one of those cans of worms we have
discussed and disected many times in the past. There
is no single correct answer to your question.

Sensei is an honorific that means teacher in Japanese.
It can be used for anyone who teaches. Ranking
bonsai practitioners/professionals/hobbists is not an
easy thing outside Japan. A hobbist can have
considerable knowledge and little formal training.
One can have formal training, but if one does not have
a good eye, the training is worthless.

Many times those who speak or give workshops have a
facility with one type of plant, but not others.

Master is, in my mind, a title used for one who has
done their training under another recognized master.
One who has put in the time that can be called an
appreticeship, and graduated. This apprenticeship is
usually 5 years. This doesn't mean that the work
created by a hobbist is less than that of a master.

My teachers are my trees. I study with them on an
ongoing basis. I look, listen and learn, but I have
yet to find a tree I can call master.

Kitsune Miko
--- "Alejandro Bedini G."
wrote:

Hi all

I know the professional people who doing bonsai in a
high
level(workshop, teach, demo, congress, lecture)
dont like Call or use the word MASTER.

What do you think is the correct name to use?
A) Teacher
B) Artist
C) professional
D) ????

Best regards, Alejandro.
Chile (Chili) South America
____________________
Alejandro Bedini G.
Académico
Depto de Industrias
UTFSM

++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon
Manakitivipart++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott