Old 30-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Crashj

On or about Tue, 30 Nov 2004 05:18:17 -0500, rtk wrote
something like:

They're both called de-icers. The Little Giant, at 1250 watts, blew the
fuse, but it definitely does not say heater on the box; it says de-icer.
I've ordered a different one from PetSolutions which is 100 and also
called a de-icer. I don't get it. How can there be such a variation?
If 100 or even only 24 (MarineDepot) works to maintain a hole in the
ice, what's the point of a whopping 1250 if it is not intended to do
more than that?
Ruth Kazez

Your complaint is with the Little Giant Marketing department, I guess?
1250 watts will cost a fortune to run over the Winter. All you need is
a little hole to let gasses escape, not a 70*F pond!

--
Crashj