Old 30-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Dennis Edward

"Antipodean Bucket Farmer" wrote in message
Hi, Everybody,

This is only my second year, so I am still
experimenting.

On impulse, I bought some brussels sprouts seedlings,
but I don't much about planting them.

They are going in 10-litre (2.5 gal) buckets.

How many per bucket would be good?

And, for some reason, I suspect that these might become
some sort of vines(?) Should they be trained upward on
a vertical stake (like beans)? Any links are
appreciated.

Brussels grow to about 3 to 4 ft high, and need about 12-18" of clearance
all around. They're kind of top-heavy when mature, so you need a wide base
pot. I grew them this year, and they got mutilated by cabbage moths (as did
my cabbage. Grrrrrr). Next year I'm putting all my cole crops under netting.