Old 30-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Bob Hobden

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
afterBob Hobden" wrote
But that's the same with any tree we grow as a house plant, see the
Monstera
delicosa in Jamaica for the first time and your mouth opens, same with
the
"Rubber Plant" trees (F. elastica var decora) in India, the Baobabs in
The
Gambia, Cycads in Oz, ..... it's that we might know how big they get but
don't understand untill faced with the reality.

There was a rubber tree in an office building in Norwich - it was
planted in the stairwell and was three storeys high.

Was it straight up or had it bushed out, I've seen them as big as a large
stand alone oak.

--
Regards
Bob