Old 30-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Kay

In article , bigboard
writes
Does anyone have any experience of this? To save money, I bought a 125g
packet of Flax seed from a health food shop, and so obviously there are no
sowing instructions! It's not a big deal, I'll just bung them in sometime
in the spring, but if anyone has some ideas on their cultivation I'd be
grateful.

Are you growing for the seed or for the fibre?

Flax - I think its the same species and not some other species of Linum
- is a constituent of some bird feeds and germinates pretty readily. It
likes a reasonable amount of sun and not to be crowded out by other
plants.

--
Kay