Old 30-11-2004, 10:47 PM
jane

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:22:23 +0100, Martin wrote:

~On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:06:34 +0000 (UTC),
(jane) wrote:
~
~On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:58:09 +0000, bigboard
wrote:
~
~~Martin wrote:
~~
~~I have a stainless swiss army gardening knife I got a couple of years
~~ago for the allotment and it's got both a convex and a concave blade
~~together with a budding knife. It's one of the most useful tools I've
~~got, having gone through several inferior gardening knives, and in
~~fact Victorinox only deserve one huge slap on the wrist for the design
~~as they left off a hoop for securing it to a chain so it's easy to
~~drop and lose... so far so good, though.
~~
~~ I can't find this on the web. Is it sold as gardening knife?
~~
~~ It seems like it would make a good Christmas present.
~~
~~Found this site which has a selection on Swiss Army Knives for gardeners:
~~
~~http://www.walshbrothers.co.uk/Updat..._penknives.htm
~~
~~
~oops replying again googling for 39116 and victorinox turns up a
~few more locations, mostly overseas, but there's one here
~
~http://www.burton-mccall.co.uk/dsp_d...id=1&fromrec=1
~
~The size is given wrong in the Walsh Brothers one. No way is it that
~small! I'd say 3.5".
~
~I also found it on a German site, saying it's 10cm long (I agree) and
~that it was in the catalogue in August. Assuming aufnehmen means to
~receive...
~
~"aufgenommen"?

past tense of aufnehmen. The 'auf' is always on the front and you
acquire a 'ge' when it's past tense, and it's one of the verbs I spent
hours learning 3 or so years ago. Weird thing is, it looks like it
ought to be translated as to take out! But it's the opposite...

~
~https://ssl.victorinox-shop.de/produ...oducts_id=1867
~Okuliermesser, rot, 2 Klingen, mit Hornlöser
~[39116] 24,50EUR
~Okuliermesser, rot, 2 Klingen, mit Hornlöser
blade -- die Klinge
~Für eine grössere Darstellung
~klicken Sie auf das Bild.
~
~Okuliermesser
budding knife -- das Okuliermesser
~
~Klingen: 100mm rostfrei, gebogen und geschweift
~Schalen: Nylon rot
~Hornlöser
horn release? hmmmm....

~Dieses Produkt haben wir am Friday, 13. August 2004 in unseren Katalog
~aufgenommen.
~
~NOT IN STOCK!

Bummer.

I am off to Berlin on Friday and I know I'll be going to a knife shop
we know as Sir wishes to get a new steel, so I'll have a look.

--
jane

Mark Twain