Old 25-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Jim Carlock

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote:
bad tomato year, look up thread for details
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:35:33 GMT, Bill wrote:

Penelope, I'm going to try to present the general environment
with a somewhat gloomy overcast of it...

Bill seems to live INSIDE a rain forest...

He indicated British Columbia, Vancouver. When I visited it
wasn't too much different from Seattle. 29 days of each month
are overcast... although I only visited during the month of June,
the people there seemed to indicate that it was a year round
condition. There is NO SUNSHINE. :-) Although, Calgary
might not be as bad as Vancouver... Bill did mention
Vancouver specifically.

When I visited Vancouver I drove from Miami, FL and I was
used to Sunshine. I spent a couple weeks in Vancouver and
the people there had a bright outlook but they LOVED sunshine.
An hour of sunshine was a national holiday. :-) It was odd for me,
because after 7 days I felt the gloom of it being overcast so
much... and I brought up the question if there was ever any
sunshine... they laughed and asked "Sun? What's the sun?" and
it became an unending joke...

His cold frame is probably a rain shield... rainforest means
29 days of each month is overcast and/or rainy and there's
a lot of shade (forest).

Vancouver is a wonderful city to visit but don't expect to
see but an hour of sunshine if you stay a whole month.
:-) I think I'm pretty accurate in this statement... if not, Bill
can correct me. I might be exagerating... it's like the fish
I caught 20 years ago...

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to newsgroup.