Old 28-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Ross Reid

"Dennis Edward" wrote:

I'm a relative newbie at gardening, although enjoying it. I've bought (too)
many books, and had a couple of relatively successful years growing veggies
and such. However, though the books go into a lot of detail on how to grow
plants, their soil requirements, etc etc, they don't usually have a lot of
info on what to do with the produce (yeah, I know -- "eat it"). I'm thinking
of information on what parts of plants are edible (or poisonous), how you
process it, how you store it, etc.

Is there any online info that concentrates on this aspect of gardening? Or a
good book that someone can recommend?

Go to the web site of the National Center For Home Food Preservation.
http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/
There is enough information there to get you well on your way to being
an expert in the field of safe and responsible home food preservation.
Ross,
Southern Ontario, Canada.
New AgCanada Zone 5b
43º17.446' North
80º13.472' West
To email, remove the obvious from my address.