Old 26-11-2004, 11:41 PM

koi on the bottom and water temp above 50oF
fish at top and dive = predators have been at the pond
fish on the bottom dont eat = ich or something else
Ingrid

(Barbara2245) wrote:

Phisherman wrote in message . ..
On 25 Nov 2004 14:30:04 -0800,
(CC) wrote:

My 1200 gallon pond in Sacramento California has a few Kois in it
since I put them there last spring. So far they have been very happy
and voracious. Since the weather has turned cold, and particolarly in
the past 7 to 10 days, I noticed left over food pellets sitting in the
pond overnight. At feeding time they do not come to the surface
anymore like they used to but otherwise I am not seeing any other
signs of distress. At times they are vivacious, but generally they
seem to be staying on the bottom on the pond in schools and they seem
suspicious of me approaching the pond, in a fashion similar to the one
they had after I cleaned the water this past summer.

I have been feeding them the same amount of food and the water is very
clean. Nothing has really changed aside from the temperature outside.
Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do to find what is wrong
with them?

The rule to remember is only feed the fish when the temps are beteen
55*-85* other wise the food sit in their system and rots. The result
dead fish. My fish gave up begging at around 60*. Good luck.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Uneaten food raises a red flag. You may want to do a 50% water
change. Do not feed for a few days, then cautiously after that.
Remove any uneaten food within 5 minutes. There may have been a
predator that has them scared, in that case provide protection.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.