Old 01-12-2004, 10:50 AM
bigboard

Martin wrote:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:26:49 +0000, Kay
wrote:

In article , bigboard
writes
Does anyone have any experience of this? To save money, I bought a 125g
packet of Flax seed from a health food shop, and so obviously there are
no sowing instructions! It's not a big deal, I'll just bung them in
sometime in the spring, but if anyone has some ideas on their cultivation
I'd be grateful.

Are you growing for the seed or for the fibre?

Flax - I think its the same species and not some other species of Linum
- is a constituent of some bird feeds and germinates pretty readily. It
likes a reasonable amount of sun and not to be crowded out by other
plants.

You can tell those, who used to grow it professionally for the fibre
in Brittany. Most have one or more fingers missing.

!!!

I think you'd better tell me more before I plant any! Was this from
harvesting injuries?

--
Love your enemies: they'll go crazy trying to figure out what you're up
to.