Old 01-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Frank Logullo

"Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC" wrote in message
I regulary spray my home for insects. I live in Long Island, New York.

Last week, I went down in the
basement. I was there 1 week before, and there was no sign of pests, so

this all happened in 2 weeks
time.

So in 2 weeks time, I saw tons of "spider like bugs". Great majority, were

dead. I sprayed the
basement wood ceiling maybe 6 weeks before. The bugs I am trying to

identify have many legs like
spiders and the largest size was maybe 1 inch to 1.5 inches (maybe).

Good discussion. I've seen same bug. At first glance looks like spider but
it hops and you see the cricket like back legs.
Spraying keeps down and I also noted that the mouse/bug sticky type traps
are good for getting them too.
Frank