Old 01-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:20:27 -0800, Antipodean Bucket Farmer
wrote:

On impulse, I bought some brussels sprouts seedlings,
but I don't much about planting them.

They are going in 10-litre (2.5 gal) buckets.

Did I miss the explanation of why you're growing everything in
buckets? I have a very shady yard, and have had to try container
growing in various sunny patches, but my experience is that nearly all
veg crops do better planted directly in the ground. In containers,
growth and production appears to be directly proportional to the size
of the container. I can't think of much other than an herb plant that
would do well in a 2.5gal bucket.