Old 01-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Christopher Green

zxcvbob wrote in message ...
Doug Kanter wrote:

....to plant this spring in a spot where disgusting dog owners like to stop
their filthy beasts on my property. Shrub must be capable of inflicting
enough damage to send the dog to the vet. I'm thinking of barberry. Open to
suggestions for other shrub options. The planting spot receives sun for
about 2/3 of the day, and will be buried in snow for 3 months out of the
year.

Gorse, common hawthorn, or sloe would do it. Also probably some of the
hedge roses, or bois d' arc if you prune it into a shrub form.

I'm not sure if honey locust can be grown as a shrub.

Best regards,
Bob

Watch out for gorse, it can become a major pest. It's officially a
noxious weed in many places.

Barberry and pyracantha are both good. Pick a fireblight-resistant
pyracantha. If minor cruelty to animals doesn't disturb you, birds
pigging out and getting drunk on pyracantha berries can be amusing.

--
Chris Green