Old 02-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Vox Humana

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article ,

wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

....to plant this spring in a spot where disgusting dog owners like

stop their filthy beasts on my property. Shrub must be capable of
inflicting enough damage to send the dog to the vet. I'm thinking of
barberry. Open to suggestions for other shrub options. The planting

Rugosa! I lived with a 20' row of those for as many years and loved them.

keep forgetting.

I have been toying with the idea of planting some roses, probably rugosa
roses, to discourage kids from riding their bikes across my yard. There's
nothing quite as nasty as falling into a rose bush! I haven't had good luck
with pyrocantha and barberry isn't nasty enough in my opinion.