Old 28-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Dennis Edward

"bill" wrote in message
On 11/27/04 9:23 AM, in article lK2qd.363134$nl.291275@pd7tw3no, "Dennis
Edward" wrote:

My first question: What vegetables have you grown? I'm dying to know!
My second question: Do you have a freezer? If so, the manual that comes
with
it will tell you how to freeze your extra vegetables.

My first suggestion: You may want to checkout a 'cooking'
newsgroup...alt.cooking-chat for example.

My first editorial: (off topic, sorry, but as you are relatively new, I
feel
you may find this helpful for the long haul). Many books will encourage
the
use of chemical fertilizers....chemical fertilizers don't nourish the soil
or feed worms...a chemical fertilizer feeds the plants and that is all.
Feed

So far, what I've found is that I get far more compostable material than I
can keep up with, so I don't see a lot of need for chemical fertilizers.

Last year I grew tomatoes (does anyone not?), peppers, carrots, onions,
turnips, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and pumpkins. Some did very well,
some not so good. I didn't really have the time to plan and organize very
well, because I'm also renovating the house. Turnips were bitter, because I
grew them in hot weather. Cole crops