Old 02-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Doug Kanter

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
In article ,
"Doug Kanter" wrote:

- "Chelsea Christenson" wrote in message
- ...
- Doug Kanter wrote:
- ....to plant this spring in a spot where disgusting dog owners like

- stop
- their filthy beasts on my property. Shrub must be capable of

inflicting
- enough damage to send the dog to the vet.
-
- The dogs aren't deciding where to stop. Mutilate the owners.
-
-
- Great idea, but unfortunately, I'm not always around to greet the

assholes.
- I'm home today, though, and saw something unbelievable. A slimeball was
- walking her dog. She began with the usual routine - letting her dog
- investigate the edge of my neighbor's lawn where it meets the street.

Then,
- she wandered RIGHT INTO THE MIDDLE of a 50' deep lawn, let the dog

crap, and
- cleaned it up. Where the hell do some dog owners get the idea that this

sort
- of thing is acceptable???

If she cleaned up after the dog, what's the problem?

1) You apparently don't observe dogs very effectively. Even if the crap is
cleaned up, the scent interests OTHER dogs, including the unleashed ones.
Then, the spot becomes popular and the property owner has to deal with the
results.

2) If you dragged your trash can to a neighbor's property, dumped it on the
middle of their lawn, and cleaned it up, you'd be arrested and taken
somewhere for psychological evaluation. Afterward, you'd get a little
talking-to from a judge. There is no difference between this and the dog
owner I described.

3) Private property comes with certain rights and privileges. If the owner
asks you to remove your shoes when walking on their lawn, you do it. If the
owner asks dog owners not to stop their animals on the property, regardless
of whether they clean up after them, the request will be honored. Period. No
questions, no debates, no excuses.