Old 02-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Scott M.

Anyways, it is flippin' cold in there and I'm glad it's them and not me

I'm going to look at the pet store for a small submersible heater just in
case. Ottawa winters can be pretty tough. Two years ago, I kept a floating
heater going and I had frogs swimming around throughout the winter and fish
that would hover just beneath the heater. That told me that it was too warm
in there.

Scott

p.s. we had our first snowfall yesterday and so far, the air bubbler is
keeping the surface open. The air stone is about 8 inches below the surface.