Old 02-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Doug Kanter

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in

message
The message
from "Vox Humana" contains these words:

I have been toying with the idea of planting some roses, probably

rugosa
roses, to discourage kids from riding their bikes across my yard.

There's
nothing quite as nasty as falling into a rose bush!

Oh, there is. Even nastier, is a concealed plank full of long nails,
carelessly left lying around by the property owner after he was using it
to clear autumn leaves. Extensive tyre damage really upsets bikers and
uninvited carparkers.

Janet.

I like the idea, but in this world of litigation, I'm sure if someone got
injured on a nail encrusted board, there would be lawyers involved. Every
time these issues come up there is a common theme. People are not
responsible for their kids or pets. When you say something to the

contrary,
you are a very bad person indeed. You hate pets and eat small children

for
breakfast. You are anti-family and a danger to civilization. Kid will be
kids and it is your responsibility to make sure that they don't drink that
gasoline or motor oil while they explore your garage. When your dog nips
them as they thrust their hand through the fence, then it is your fault.

Someone told me recently that I should be OK with dog crap on my carpet,
shoes & car mats because Oxy-Clean does a fine job of cleaning it up. At
times like that, I wish I had a can of spray paint to apply to the person's
shirt and hair, so they can go home and see what a great job paint thinner
does at removing paint.