Old 02-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Vox Humana

"Ed Clarke" wrote in message
In article , Vox Humana wrote:

Flowering quince ( Chaenomeles speciosa ). My parents had one of these
*******ly plants in front of a bay window that I had to paint several
times over the years. Unfortunately, they've sold the house and now I'll
never get to trim it with a lawnmower, dig up the roots and salt the earth
where it grew.

http://www.arhomeandgarden.org/plant...s/japonica.htm

Stout thorns is a severe understatement.

I have a flowering quince, but it must not be the same as yours as it
doesn't have thorns (at least none that I have noticed.) It is a hideous
plant most of the year, with an unruly spray of branches. If it wasn't for
the couple of weeks of beautiful flowers in the early spring, I would have
pitched the pants years ago. The previous owners had it in the front yard,
and I promptly moved it to a less visible place in the back yard. Here is
link to a pictu
http://groups.msn.com/laurelridgegar...oto&PhotoID=17