Old 02-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Neil Tonks

Screwfix (owned by the same company as B&Q, incidentally) have been having a
lot of problems. They moved their warehouse half way across the country
earlier this year, losing many of their experienced staff in the process.
Since then there has been chaos. They regularly stop taking orders (once
they shut the website down for several days, I believe) so they can catch up
with backlogs. Given that, it's perhaps not surprising that orders get lost.

It's what comes of trying to 'improve' a system which was working perfectly
well!

Neil.

"ned" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Not Amazon, but I have been having difficulty, and so has the

Company I
organise my ex Service Reunions through, with Viking Direct. They

have
"Always" been wonderful, but I have had to wait a week, (and that

was a week
of chasing), for over 12 thousand address labels I urgently wanted,

along
with 16 reams of paper and thousands of envelopes. They have put me

a week
behind :-((

I have it all now and I feel that it is their carriers who are at

fault, but
I have received a replacement package which included free gratis

chocolates
:-))

Not Amazon. Not Viking Direct. But Screwfix.
Again, a company I have dealt with for ages with no complaint, but
this last order never arrived.
Telephoned and was told to re-order.
Noticed that my on-line account was being invoiced for both orders.
Immediately rang to cancel one of them.
Nope. That was impossible. The despatch process was under way.
Both orders arrived together by the same courier.
Had to phone them to organise a 'returns' collection.
Had no acknowledgement of the return.
E-mailed them.
Had a phone call acknowledgement.
Lets see if the credit card account gets re-imbursed!

Summats up! :-(

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk