Old 28-11-2004, 03:11 AM
Jim Lewis

On 27 Nov 2004 at 19:02, sam crowell wrote:

I have had very good luck using a simple dremel tool and a variety of
abrasive tips to slowly work through the bottoms of pots and other various
containers. I have been successful with several varieties of pottery and
even glass and porcelain.

I use a simple masonry bit. I work the pot, open side down into
a bucket of sand (or a bag of Turface) until the bottom is flush
with the sand/Turface, then simply start drilling with a hand
drill into the center of the pot, or wherever I want a hole.

I find this to be an excellent way to make small pots for mame
or smaller shohin. I have drilled handle-less teacups,
porcelain bud vases, ikebana containers, wasabi bowls, rice
bowls, etc.

I think I have broken one china rice bowl.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - When we see
land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it
with love and respect - Aldo Leopold - A Sand County Almanac

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++