Old 28-11-2004, 07:00 PM
H Playel

"Ray" skrev i meddelandet
I am aware that native tolumnias occasionally get a sea mist treatment,

but
I believe that they have evolved some sort of mechanism to defend

themselves
from the ionic imbalance the Na+ and Cl- might cause, if absorbed.

If I remember correctly, there was an old AOS article precisely about

that.

.
"bb" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:42:31 -0500, "Ray"
wrote:

I believe that if you mist or water with sea water, the NaCl will kill

the
plants.

Well then, I suspect someone has been misting my plants with sea water
without my knowledge. I assume it's only with the best of intentions,
though.

bb

I'd love to read that article!
I'm going through my society's collection of old AOS magazines, do you, Ray
(or anyone else) perhaps have an inkling of which year it was published?

//H