Old 03-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Chookie

In article ,
John Savage wrote:

Christopher Smith writes:
Although by doing so I risk instigating the ŒSpanish Inquisiton¹
sketch, there is also a third reason--that rainwater tastes a hell of a
lot better than most scheme water.

I won't disagree with you as far as taste goes. But the Sydney Water
Board does not recommend that city residents drink the rainwater they
collect. It recommends the water be used for the laundry, toilet, and/or
garden. I think pollution would be the concern.

Interestingly, Michael Mobbs (the sustainable house guy) lives in inner-city
Sydney and apparently has never had a problem with pollution in the rainwater.
They have thier water tested frequently.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet