Old 29-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

On 29/11/2004 23:10:07, wrote:
Just check with your local council on it's [privet's] classification.

Funny that, I thought it was clear I had when I said:

It is considered a pest in most of New Zealand, though the local city
council folks told me that they think it an excellent form of control if

pull it out of the soil and pot it, as long as I control and limit

flowering

While the status in other areas of New Zealand is one of "search and
destroy", in our area, the official word is:

"...no longer permitted to be sold, propagated, distributed or commercially
displayed... ...land owners are not required to control it, but encouraged
to do so at their own discretion..."

Nic

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --