Old 30-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Rob Halgren

wendy7 wrote:

Right on Rob, I love your "Random ramblings" & "Rob's rules"!
You say it's your last day of work, are you going on vacation or
are you retiring?

I wish I was retiring... Actually I'm quite outspoken. No, I've
been offered a different position (still at MSU) at faculty rank, in a
different department. It would be stupid not to take it. However, I'm
treating myself to a month off in between. Although that will be more
like a month of working like a slave around the house (and greenhouse)
trying to catch up on 3 years worth of unfinished projects.

Also what is the name of the Phrag that was given 80 points?

What, I'm supposed to remember names? *grin* I remember what it looked like (pink). I remember the owner (Dot Potter Barnett). I remember that the previous award was last year (78pt HCC/AOS). I remember that we didn't realize it had a previous award (since it hadn't been published yet), and only discovered the HCC after we had given it... oh, 83 points, i think. I remember that the previous award was to one flower and one bud, this award had 9 flowers and multiple buds on a single inflorescence. And for those keeping score at home, it was growing in Ray's Prime Agra semihydroponic medium. Enough to convince me to try it, anyway. All that and I can't remember the name...

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )