Old 03-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Michi Henning

cabaloz" wrote in message

At the moment I am at the mid-point of a 2 week treatment using a product
called Azoo Brush Algae Killer, recently renamed to Brush Magic. The staff
at my LFS confess that it works a treat, we'll see.

Be prepared for some fish deaths. Especially catfish seem to be susceptible.
The Azoo product contains high levels of copper (I measure it), which is
toxic to fish. And you may see some plant deaths as well -- especially
Vallisneria tends to melt away and die. The stuff does reduce brush
algae though, I admit that (although it didn't eradicate in my case). But,
personally, I wouldn't use it again -- too hard on the fish.

Cheers,

Michi.

--
Michi Henning Ph: +61 4 1118-2700