Old 03-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Scott

Default Composting garden vegetation

I have two 5'x5' raised garden beds where I had a lot of garden
vegetation this year. Since I live in a townhouse, I have no place to
easily dump the waste.

I would like to compost this material into the soil. What is the best
way to do this? It is now the start of winter and so far I have cut
up all of the vegetation as best as I could and turned it over into
the soil. There is still a good bit on top of the soil.

Is there anything I can add to the soil to speed the process? I was
going to turn the soil every month or so to assist.

Thanks for the help.