Old 04-12-2004, 02:45 AM
enigma

Auntie Em wrote in
:

Call me a crumudgeon. But my grandmother used to have a
saying in Italian which I will translate roughly.....
"When the fun begins, the learning stops".

wrong. besides, the OP is asking about making gardening more
fun/interesting, not how to get the kids to do calculus.

snip rant about US educational system

the major failings of the current system are too much
bureaucracy, too much teaching to the test at the expense of
actual *learning*, oversized classes in elementary schools,
teachers being expected to not only teach the basics but also
ESL, deal with LD students mainsteamed into thier classes,
disipline the parents neglected to teach... etc. it has little
to do with the kids having "fun".
lee
--
It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still
differentiate