Old 04-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Frogleg

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 08:09:31 +0000, Witchy Mama
wrote:

just wondering, can I save the seeds from fruit and veg that I have
bought at the supermarket, so I can plant them next year? and how would
I do it? I figured if it could be done, I might as well get some use out
of them other then just eating :P

No reason you can't save seeds from supermarket produce. See

http://www.seedsave.org/issi/issi_904.html

for seed-saving information.

The primary problem in saving *any* seed is that most of today's veg
plants are hybrids, and the seeds will often not produce the exact
variety they came from, but some unknown combination of its ancestors.
However, the cantaloupe seed will produce a cantaloupe vine and a
bean, a bean plant.