Old 04-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Frogleg

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:04:26 GMT, "Brian Barnson"
wrote:

I've found references that suggest that Rosemary can tolerate
some frost, but how much is "some"? I have 2 plants in pots
on my porch that I've been bringing inside when there is a
chance of frost. So far we haven't had any frost, but it would
be nice to know when I have to bring them in and when I can
leave them outside.
Brian, in Cedar

Where is Cedar?!?

Rosemary is generally listed as hardy in zones 8 through 10, which
means winter temperatures down to 30F. In my experience, they tend to
be hardier than that, and do fine here in 7b where it occasionally
drops into the teens. There are also cultivars available that are
hardy in zone 6.

I believe that plants in pots do not tolerate as low a temperature as
those in the ground, so would either bring in the pots or otherwise
protect them from temperatures of 32F or below.