Old 30-11-2004, 02:22 PM
danny

I don't think an award from a different organization would affect a plant's
chances of getting an AOS award. There are a couple very good reasons why
most clones wouldn't have awards from both organizations:

- AOS gives a lot more awards than any other organization. There are more
judges, more judging centers, more judging sessions (probably 500-600 a year
including shows?) with AOS. RHS doesn't give very many awards.

- The plant would probably have to be exhibited in both the U.S. and U.K. to
get AOS and RHS awards. (I'm not sure if RHS does any overseas shows, I know
AOS judges who have gone to some shows in Asia and South America).

Also, if a plant is given an award by one organization and then is shown to
a different organization 10 or 20 (or more) years later, the plant may not
measure up to the current standards any more.

-danny