Old 04-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Brian Barnson

"Brian Barnson" wrote in message
news:KW8sd.407283$Pl.401687@pd7tw1no...
I've found references that suggest that Rosemary can tolerate
some frost, but how much is "some"? I have 2 plants in pots
on my porch that I've been bringing inside when there is a
chance of frost. So far we haven't had any frost, but it would
be nice to know when I have to bring them in and when I can
leave them outside.
Brian, in Cedar

Thanks everyone, I'll get them through this winter by
bringing them inside for anything below an expected
-2C and next winter they will live in the ground, unless the deer
have a fondness for them. Cedar is on Vancouver Island, just
south of Nanaimo and is Zone 7 or 8. Some of the hardier
palms survive here.
Brian, in Cedar