Old 04-12-2004, 04:08 PM
K Barrett

And look at how many FCCs Paph rothschildianum has. I think someone
mentioned that some judges think a plant has 'too many' awards and therefore
no longer consider a plant judging. Well, obviously not. Same could be
said for Paph armeniacum.

K Barrett

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
. net...
Yeah...Look at Paph rothchildianum.

An FCC awarded plant is outrageously expensive.

Gene

"TRAINMAN9" wrote in message
and I have found that an award does not really change a
plants value.

Not for clonable plants but for Paphs and Phrags the value definately

goes
up.
Depending on what the plant is newly awarded plants command a big

premium.
Some
whites seem to demand an tremendous premium some well over 2k, while

others are
usually in the $250-500 range per growth.

In time the cost does come down somewhat unless the plant is a good

breeder.

Prior to cloning most other awarded orchids also commanded premiums but

with
the advent of the cloning process and production of thousands of

identical
plants the prices came down to less than $25 for a mature plant and in

some
cases under $10.