Old 05-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Susan

"Nikki Casali" wrote in message

At a certain concentration CO2 becomes toxic to fish, I believe.

Nikki

Learn something new every day. I guess I hadn't heard that since the usual
normal disturbance of the surface of the water makes excess CO2 dissipate.
Most people don't have to worry about that much CO2, I would think. The
article I pointed to on the Krib made no mention of this. It made it sound
like the water would get saturated and any extra would dissapate into the
air -- no mention of harm to fish. Other sources do talk about CO2 toxicity,
of course, but there isn't much to worry about since the solution is so
simple.

Regard,
Susan