Old 05-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/5/04 3:48 AM, in article , "Ed Clarke"
wrote:

In article , paghat
wrote:

I probably wash my hands at least hourly on long gardening days. The
garden is full of stuff that is only rarely apt to cause injury to the
skin unless someone is overly sensitive or allergic, but which can make
ANY nose-picker or eye-knuckler VERY sorry. There are also potential
life-risking infections that can be gotten from soil, including tetanus
which makes death-by-gardening sufficiently a realistic threat that some
nurseries & gardening organizations should make tetanus booster shots a
requirement.

Try to imagine the results of chopping red Savina peppers ( an upgraded
Habanero pepper ) without wearing gloves. Hands were washed, but not
sufficiently... before going to the bathroom. Eyes are not the only mucous
membranes on the human body.

DOH!

Cheryl