Old 05-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Christopher A. Brooks

Default Miniature orange tree leaves are curling

Hi,

I receive a miniature orange tree as a gift about eight months ago. It has
a couple of pieces of fruit on it when I received it, and then went into
flower a couple of months later and produced even more fruit.

The fruit dried up and now the leaves on the tree have begun to curl. The
leaves are not tender to the touch (e.g. they do not fall off the tree,
indeed, I don't think any leaves have fallen off), they just seem to be
curling and dropping (though they are not brittle nor rubbery, they feel
like a healthy leaf to me).

Any ideas of why this might be and what (if anything) I should be doing
about it? The plant gets an ok amount of light, but it has decreased in the
last couple of months due to winter (Saskatchewan). Temperature in the
house fluxes between 17C and 22C. Here are a couple of pictures that
demonstrate what is happening:

http://www.cs.usask.ca/~cab938/pictures/closeup.jpg
http://www.cs.usask.ca/~cab938/pictures/full.JPG

Thanks for any potential leads...