Old 06-12-2004, 01:21 AM
Mike LaMana

What do you mean by dormancy here? I wouldn't leave them in containers to freeze solid to bring them in, is say, February. Why not bring them in now if you are going to grow under artificial lights anyway. Are these destined to become indoor plants?? If not, why not just plant the darned things and be done with it?? I have transplanted lots of these, usually dug from the wild. They usually do quite well - even mature plants.
Good luck.

--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
Consulting Forester & Arborist

"mitch" wrote in message news:M0Osd.68$E_6.41@trnddc04...
Hi, I have a few transplanted Mountain Laurel plants (youngsters I've been growing since last Winter) outside in containers. How many months of dormancy is required before bringing them in and placing them under artificial light? I live in central Maryland.

thanks,

Mitch