Old 06-12-2004, 01:28 AM
mitch

Mike LaMana wrote:

What do you mean by dormancy here? I wouldn't leave them in containers
to freeze solid to bring them in, is say, February. Why not bring them
in now if you are going to grow under artificial lights anyway. Are
these destined to become indoor plants?? If not, why not just plant
the darned things and be done with it?? I have transplanted lots of
these, usually dug from the wild. They usually do quite well - even
mature plants.
Good luck.

--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
Consulting Forester & Arborist

"mitch"
wrote in message
Hi, I have a few transplanted Mountain Laurel plants (youngsters
I've been growing since last Winter) outside in containers. How
many months of dormancy is required before bringing them in and
placing them under artificial light? I live in central Maryland.

thanks,

Mitch

I thought that they had a dormancy requirement? Are you saying that
they can grow year round in a suitable environment?

I wanted to get some extra growth prior to planting them in beds. Too
many animals here will mess with the small plants.

thanks

Mitch